Why work with a real estate agent?
It's Smart to Work with a Trusted Agent
Why hire a real estate agent? You can try to sell your home on your own, but why bother with the potential stress, anxiety, legalities, and paperwork? Working with an experienced, trusted Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties sales associate will make the entire process much easier, and even fun.
The job of a licensed agent is to expose your property to more qualified potential buyers, offer important selling advice, guide you through the home-selling process, and wisely market your home in this era of ever-changing technology.
One of the benefits of working with a real estate agent instead of your instincts is that the odds of achieving your sales goal will increase dramatically.
Feeling the right chemistry with an agent is important. So is knowing that the agent has the right credentials for your situation. These can range from specializing in clients age 50 and up to obtaining extra education in real estate law. Find a full list of certifications by visiting the
What's really important is working with an agent who has access to the resources of a leading real estate company–a company such as Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties.
Tips for Finding & Working with an Agent
- Seek referrals from friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
- Speak to family members. Trust those with your best interests in mind.
- Share with your potential agent as much as can about your expectations regarding pricing, flexibility, and time frame.
- Trust your intuition.
- Interview several agents if you are unsure or uncomfortable about any one in particular.
How to interview an agent
Conduct a thorough interview with each agent you consider. We've put together a list of interview questions that can help you make the right decision.
- Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors(NAR)? Note: Members of this organization are required to follow the NAR code of ethics.
- How many years have you been involved in real estate?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- Is real estate your full-time job?
- What is the price range of most of your home sales?
- In which neighborhoods do you typically sell homes?
- How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood?
- What was your average sales price vs. list price?
- What is your marketing plan for my home?
- Will you represent me exclusively?
- What are the negatives of my home?
- Are you a member of a real estate team? If so, who would I be working with?
- How will you communicate with me and keep me informed?
- What is your business philosophy?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Why are you the best person to sell my house?
- Do you have any references?
- Why is your company the best to represent me?